Canon EOS 70D
With the introduction of the EOS 70D ($1199+), Canon is aiming to make its mid-range DSLR a go-to tool for shooting not only photo, but videos. Although the body is very similar to that of the EOS 60D, there are some serious changes on the inside. While still APS-C-sized, the sensor packs Canon’s new Dual Pixel CMOS AF auto-focus technology, designed to make the camera’s video focusing faster—camcorder-quality—while radically improving focusing time and accuracy in Live View mode, as well.
The sensor is a 20.2-megapixel APS-C Canon CMOS, with a DIGIC 5+ Image Processor and ISO range of 100-12800, expandable to 25600. New Canon engineering has doubled the actual number of photo sites on the sensor, enabling the 70D to make video and Live View focus decisions across millions of pixels at a time, a process assisted by the fast DIGIC 5+; 19 full cross-style autofocus points are available when using the optical viewfinder. Like the 6D, you get integrated Wi-Fi for image sharing and remote composition, plus a fold-out touchscreen display akin to the best of Canon’s lower-end Rebel series DSLRs. For $1349, you’ll be able to get the 70D body bundled with an EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens, and $200 more gets you the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens. This one looks like a real winner.
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?