Canon EOS Rebel SL1
Claiming to be the world’s smallest and lightest DSLR camera, Canon today introduced the EOS Rebel SL1 ($650/body, $800/body+lens). Designed to appeal to point and shoot camera users on the fence about moving up to a more sophisticated device, it’s 25% smaller and 28% lighter than the company’s prior-generation EOS Rebel T4i. Thankfully, the small size doesn’t mean you have to compromise on quality: the camera features an 18-megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor and DIGIC 5 Image Processor.
With an ISO range of 100-12800, EOS Rebel SL1 promises to perform well in both bright and dim environments. It also supports full 1080p video recording, which isn’t surprising. The rear display is a three inch LCD with two finger multi-touch controls, and the lens that comes with the more expensive package is Canon’s EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM kit. Just as the U.S. name hints, it’s everything you’d expect from a Rebel, in a smaller and lighter package.
- Apple takes 15 percent of subscription fees for Apple TV signups
- Apple takes 15 percent of subscription fee for Apple TV signups
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Apple Watch Sport, 42mm case and black Sport band top pre-sale estimates
- Report: Apple Watch Sport comes with three band pieces, not two separate bands
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Apple vying for artist exclusives for streaming music service; family plan?
- Report: Apple has spent $38 million on Apple Watch TV ads
- Apple Watch bands also experiencing delayed shipping times
- Apple Watch models sell out quickly, shipping estimates now 4-6 weeks or later
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?