Canon EOS Rebel SL1
Claiming to be the world’s smallest and lightest DSLR camera, Canon today introduced the EOS Rebel SL1 ($650/body, $800/body+lens). Designed to appeal to point and shoot camera users on the fence about moving up to a more sophisticated device, it’s 25% smaller and 28% lighter than the company’s prior-generation EOS Rebel T4i. Thankfully, the small size doesn’t mean you have to compromise on quality: the camera features an 18-megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor and DIGIC 5 Image Processor.
With an ISO range of 100-12800, EOS Rebel SL1 promises to perform well in both bright and dim environments. It also supports full 1080p video recording, which isn’t surprising. The rear display is a three inch LCD with two finger multi-touch controls, and the lens that comes with the more expensive package is Canon’s EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM kit. Just as the U.S. name hints, it’s everything you’d expect from a Rebel, in a smaller and lighter package.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?