Canon EOS Rebel SL1
Claiming to be the world’s smallest and lightest DSLR camera, Canon today introduced the EOS Rebel SL1 ($650/body, $800/body+lens). Designed to appeal to point and shoot camera users on the fence about moving up to a more sophisticated device, it’s 25% smaller and 28% lighter than the company’s prior-generation EOS Rebel T4i. Thankfully, the small size doesn’t mean you have to compromise on quality: the camera features an 18-megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor and DIGIC 5 Image Processor.
With an ISO range of 100-12800, EOS Rebel SL1 promises to perform well in both bright and dim environments. It also supports full 1080p video recording, which isn’t surprising. The rear display is a three inch LCD with two finger multi-touch controls, and the lens that comes with the more expensive package is Canon’s EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM kit. Just as the U.S. name hints, it’s everything you’d expect from a Rebel, in a smaller and lighter package.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today