Canon EOS Rebel SL1
Claiming to be the world’s smallest and lightest DSLR camera, Canon today introduced the EOS Rebel SL1 ($650/body, $800/body+lens). Designed to appeal to point and shoot camera users on the fence about moving up to a more sophisticated device, it’s 25% smaller and 28% lighter than the company’s prior-generation EOS Rebel T4i. Thankfully, the small size doesn’t mean you have to compromise on quality: the camera features an 18-megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor and DIGIC 5 Image Processor.
With an ISO range of 100-12800, EOS Rebel SL1 promises to perform well in both bright and dim environments. It also supports full 1080p video recording, which isn’t surprising. The rear display is a three inch LCD with two finger multi-touch controls, and the lens that comes with the more expensive package is Canon’s EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM kit. Just as the U.S. name hints, it’s everything you’d expect from a Rebel, in a smaller and lighter package.
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Apple Music roundup: iOS 8.4 to get early Tuesday release, Sonos support on the way
- Apple suppliers now making iPhones with Force Touch
- Parrot announces North American details for new Minidrone lineup
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- Olloclip Active Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?