Canon PowerShot D20
Sure, the name “D20” evokes the famous multi-sided dice loved by Dungeons & Dragons players, but Canon’s just-announced PowerShot D20 ($350) is intended for a more mainstream hobby: it’s the follow-up to the D10, a ruggedized “use it virtually anywhere” camera. With this new version, Canon has slightly tweaked the specs while completely redesigning the body and adding some really useful new features.
The body is still whimsically shaped, although this new version is a bit more svelte: Canon has shifted from the D10’s bubbly, bulging shape to something with grippier curves. Like its predecessor, PowerShot D20 is made to stand up to the elements: it’s waterproof to 33 feet, shockproof up to five feet, and can be in used in temperatures all the way down to 14°F. The sensor is a 12.1 megapixel CMOS, and it now shoots full 1080p video. We really like that Canon made it easy to switch modes even with gloves on, as well as the fact that it added GPS tagging capabilities—perfect for the Places feature of iPhoto.
- Report: New 12.9” iPad will feature Force Touch, Bluetooth stylus, NFC
- Apple asking music labels to kill Spotify’s free streaming tier
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- Apple reportedly hires four more producers from BBC Radio 1
- Limited Apple Watch supplies due to faulty taptic engine?
- Twitter CEO hints at larger Spotlight integration
- Problem with iPad app grounds American Airlines flights
- Apple rejects Apple Watch apps that just tell time, requires independent approval for certain health apps
- Users with arm tattoos report problems with Apple Watch sensors
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?