Canon PowerShot D20
Sure, the name “D20” evokes the famous multi-sided dice loved by Dungeons & Dragons players, but Canon’s just-announced PowerShot D20 ($350) is intended for a more mainstream hobby: it’s the follow-up to the D10, a ruggedized “use it virtually anywhere” camera. With this new version, Canon has slightly tweaked the specs while completely redesigning the body and adding some really useful new features.
The body is still whimsically shaped, although this new version is a bit more svelte: Canon has shifted from the D10’s bubbly, bulging shape to something with grippier curves. Like its predecessor, PowerShot D20 is made to stand up to the elements: it’s waterproof to 33 feet, shockproof up to five feet, and can be in used in temperatures all the way down to 14°F. The sensor is a 12.1 megapixel CMOS, and it now shoots full 1080p video. We really like that Canon made it easy to switch modes even with gloves on, as well as the fact that it added GPS tagging capabilities—perfect for the Places feature of iPhoto.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015