Canon PowerShot S120
Another year has passed, which means that there’s another iteration of Canon’s popular S-series compact PowerShot camera. This time, it’s the PowerShot S120 ($450), which is slated to be released this October. Like the models before it, the pocket-sized shooter packs a serious punch, and should be on the radar of consumers and prosumers alike. S120’s changes from the S110 aren’t as major as in some past upgrades, but there are some real improvements.
To start, the image processor has been updated to a DIGIC 6, reducing noise when shooting at higher ISOs, and allowing for faster frame rates for shots—the first 6 images are snapped at just over 12 frames per second. Additionally, the autofocus and shutter speed are both supposed to be 50% faster, while 1080p video can now be shot at 60fps. Canon has also slightly improved the 5X zoom lens, which now starts at f/1.8 rather than f/2.0 for enhanced speed in wide-angle shots, falling to f/5.7 (rather than f/5.9) at the end of its zoom range. Integrated Wi-Fi support is again included, with the ability to transfer images directly to various photo-sharing services, or to an iOS device running a special Canon app. All that, in a body that’s just slightly taller and thicker than the S110.
- Report: New 12.9” iPad will feature Force Touch, Bluetooth stylus, NFC
- Apple asking music labels to kill Spotify’s free streaming tier
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- Apple reportedly hires four more producers from BBC Radio 1
- Limited Apple Watch supplies due to faulty taptic engine?
- Twitter CEO hints at larger Spotlight integration
- Problem with iPad app grounds American Airlines flights
- Apple rejects Apple Watch apps that just tell time, requires independent approval for certain health apps
- Users with arm tattoos report problems with Apple Watch sensors
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?