Canon PowerShot S120
Another year has passed, which means that there’s another iteration of Canon’s popular S-series compact PowerShot camera. This time, it’s the PowerShot S120 ($450), which is slated to be released this October. Like the models before it, the pocket-sized shooter packs a serious punch, and should be on the radar of consumers and prosumers alike. S120’s changes from the S110 aren’t as major as in some past upgrades, but there are some real improvements.
To start, the image processor has been updated to a DIGIC 6, reducing noise when shooting at higher ISOs, and allowing for faster frame rates for shots—the first 6 images are snapped at just over 12 frames per second. Additionally, the autofocus and shutter speed are both supposed to be 50% faster, while 1080p video can now be shot at 60fps. Canon has also slightly improved the 5X zoom lens, which now starts at f/1.8 rather than f/2.0 for enhanced speed in wide-angle shots, falling to f/5.7 (rather than f/5.9) at the end of its zoom range. Integrated Wi-Fi support is again included, with the ability to transfer images directly to various photo-sharing services, or to an iOS device running a special Canon app. All that, in a body that’s just slightly taller and thicker than the S110.
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Apple terminates Crimean developer agreements due to U.S. sanctions
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014