Canon PowerShot S120
Another year has passed, which means that there’s another iteration of Canon’s popular S-series compact PowerShot camera. This time, it’s the PowerShot S120 ($450), which is slated to be released this October. Like the models before it, the pocket-sized shooter packs a serious punch, and should be on the radar of consumers and prosumers alike. S120’s changes from the S110 aren’t as major as in some past upgrades, but there are some real improvements.
To start, the image processor has been updated to a DIGIC 6, reducing noise when shooting at higher ISOs, and allowing for faster frame rates for shots—the first 6 images are snapped at just over 12 frames per second. Additionally, the autofocus and shutter speed are both supposed to be 50% faster, while 1080p video can now be shot at 60fps. Canon has also slightly improved the 5X zoom lens, which now starts at f/1.8 rather than f/2.0 for enhanced speed in wide-angle shots, falling to f/5.7 (rather than f/5.9) at the end of its zoom range. Integrated Wi-Fi support is again included, with the ability to transfer images directly to various photo-sharing services, or to an iOS device running a special Canon app. All that, in a body that’s just slightly taller and thicker than the S110.
- Apple to reportedly shutter Beats Music? (Update: No)
- Report: iOS 8 adoption rate estimated at 30%
- Apple Watch to come in 4GB, 8GB versions?
- Apple hits 10 million iPhone 6, 6 Plus sales in first weekend
- Video First Look: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus support 2.1A charging, ship with 1A adapters
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- iFixit posts teardowns of iPhone 6, 6 Plus
- Apps of the Week: Epic Zen Garden, OmniFocus, Evernote, Pocket + more
- Apple and U2 working on ‘secret project’ to boost music sales
- Apple iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels