Canon VIXIA HF M400
The great thing about video cameras these days? You can now get spectacular results without breaking the bank. Prime example: the new Canon VIXIA HF M400 ($650). Armed with a solid 10X optical zoom lens, this tiny handheld shoots full 1080p with its HD CMOS Pro Sensor—deliberately limited to 1920x1080 pixels to maximize low-light performance and image quality at this resolution, rather than adding extra pixels and noise. Because it’s the latest in a long line of great Canon camcorders, the color rendition’s great, and it also has all sorts of other cool stuff packed under the hood.
To save you cash, VIXIA HF M400 doesn’t have built-in memory. Instead, it includes two SD/SDXC slots, giving you as much room as you decide you need, so you can get a $10 8GB card or go crazy with a couple of these guys. Fill one up and the camera automatically switches over to the other so that you don’t lose a second of footage. Everything is controlled from a three inch touch screen, which allows you to do cool things such as Touch Focus, Touch Exposure, and Touch & Track; tap whatever you want to focus on and the camcorder will keep it sharp wherever it moves across the screen. Combine that with powerful image stabilization, face detection, and some really cool filters, as well as high-quality 24Mbps AVCHD recording that’s easy to import into iMovie on your Mac. What more could you want?
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?