Canon VIXIA HF M400
The great thing about video cameras these days? You can now get spectacular results without breaking the bank. Prime example: the new Canon VIXIA HF M400 ($650). Armed with a solid 10X optical zoom lens, this tiny handheld shoots full 1080p with its HD CMOS Pro Sensor—deliberately limited to 1920x1080 pixels to maximize low-light performance and image quality at this resolution, rather than adding extra pixels and noise. Because it’s the latest in a long line of great Canon camcorders, the color rendition’s great, and it also has all sorts of other cool stuff packed under the hood.
To save you cash, VIXIA HF M400 doesn’t have built-in memory. Instead, it includes two SD/SDXC slots, giving you as much room as you decide you need, so you can get a $10 8GB card or go crazy with a couple of these guys. Fill one up and the camera automatically switches over to the other so that you don’t lose a second of footage. Everything is controlled from a three inch touch screen, which allows you to do cool things such as Touch Focus, Touch Exposure, and Touch & Track; tap whatever you want to focus on and the camcorder will keep it sharp wherever it moves across the screen. Combine that with powerful image stabilization, face detection, and some really cool filters, as well as high-quality 24Mbps AVCHD recording that’s easy to import into iMovie on your Mac. What more could you want?
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?