Charles Aroutiounian Hue Menu
Although it’s expensive, Phillips’ Hue Connected Bulb system is still quite cool. It’s fun and sometimes practically useful to change the color and brightness of lightbulbs in one or more rooms. Developer Charles Aroutiounian apparently feels the same way: he just released Hue Menu ($3), an app that gives you full control over the Hue system, right from your Mac.
Much like the official iOS app, Hue Menu allows you to change the color and brightness of your bulbs in a number of ways. There are color charts, plus the Mac’s standard color picker if you want a finer level of control. Presets are available, making it easy to switch to between settings that you like. There’s even a random mode, in which your bulbs change color every 15 seconds. Hue Menu will be handy for users who don’t want to rely exclusively on their iOS devices to tweak Hue settings, and might make the lightbulbs more appealing for office settings where Macs are in constant use.
- Apple reaches deal with UnionPay to bring Apple Pay to China
- DisneyLife subscription-based app launches in the U.K.
- Apple buys motion capture company Faceshift
- Apple CarPlay included in 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage
- Apple aims to launch Apple Pay in China by February
- MasterCard giving Apple Pay users free trips on London’s public transit system
- Apple wins DRM patent case against ContentGuard
- Apple working on app to diagnose problems with iOS devices?
- Apple Music: Iovine apologizes for remarks about women; Adele won’t stream new album
- Apple expands personal pickup to Apple Stores in the UK
- Parrot Hydrofoil Drone
- Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
- IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO
- CableJive HeroDock
- Phiaton BT 330 NC Headphones
- Ecoxgear EcoPebble Powerbank + Speaker
- Lunatik Taktik 360 for iPhone 6/6s
- Belkin Charge Dock for Apple Watch + iPhone
- SwitchEasy Aero, N+, Nude, Play for iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus
- Netatmo Welcome Smart Home Camera
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?