Claus Zimmermann TieSight
Alright, so you never really learned how to tie a tie. Most of the time, that’s OK, but when you’re about to go for that job interview or show up for a wedding, you need to get it right. Pardon the cliche, but yes, there’s even an app for that now. German developer Claus Zimmermann has released his TieSight ($1) app in the Mac App Store, and it’s a surprisingly cool tool: TieSight uses the camera built into your Mac to show you exactly how to properly knot your tie, while you’re wearing it.
TieSight includes ten different knot types; Half Windsor’s a good starting point for beginners. Once you’ve chosen which one you’d like to use, the app will walk you right through the process, while superimposing the steps onto the image of you from the FaceTime camera. To advance to the next step, you can either make a noise, use a timer, or just click through. You’ll finally be able to throw out those clip-ons, which is surely worth the $1 asking price.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today