ClearCal Anti-Glare Film
If you’re still looking for a Mac with a matte display, the only remaining option is the pre-Retina display 15” MacBook Pro, built with a $100 factory matte screen customization. The 17” model is gone, and none of Apple’s other notebooks or desktops offer the anti-glare finish. We’ve covered Power Support’s Anti-Glare Film before, but the $35 asking price may be prohibitive for some users, especially since you only get one shot at installation. One of the reasons we’re intrigued by ClearCal’s Anti-Glare Film is it costs only $20 for any size of MacBook. The company even offers anti-glare film for the MacBook Pro with Retina display.
ClearCal is the only company we’ve come across so far offering any sort of anti-glare solution for the Retina MacBook Pro, and even offers films for iMacs and Cinema Displays/Thunderbolt Displays. We can’t imagine that installation is terribly easy, but the price is low; if you get it right, you might be very happy with the results. A word of warning: it’s been our experience—and ClearCal openly notes—that anti-glare films can cause a prismatic effect on screens of devices, especially ones with Retina displays. Keep this in mind before making the investment.
- Apps of the Week: Star Walk 2, Swing Copters, Vine 2.5 + more
- Apple releases new iTunes 12 beta
- Alleged rear shell for 5.5” iPhone 6 leaked
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- NFL Now channel comes to Apple TV
- New iPhone 6 schematic leak shows protruding camera lens
- Mercedes, Volvo delay CarPlay support until 2015
- iOS 8 beta suggests 1472x828 resolution, more icons for iPhone 6 Home Screen?
- Report: Apple releases iOS 8 beta 6 to testing partners
- Sprint announces Family Share Pack data plans
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- Go Design TravelCard Charger
- OtterBox Agility Tablet System for iPad Air
- SwitchEasy B’Spoke for iPad Air
- Kero Products Nomad Cable Lightning
- Juno Labs Juno Power Junojumpr
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today