ClearCal Anti-Glare Film
If you’re still looking for a Mac with a matte display, the only remaining option is the pre-Retina display 15” MacBook Pro, built with a $100 factory matte screen customization. The 17” model is gone, and none of Apple’s other notebooks or desktops offer the anti-glare finish. We’ve covered Power Support’s Anti-Glare Film before, but the $35 asking price may be prohibitive for some users, especially since you only get one shot at installation. One of the reasons we’re intrigued by ClearCal’s Anti-Glare Film is it costs only $20 for any size of MacBook. The company even offers anti-glare film for the MacBook Pro with Retina display.
ClearCal is the only company we’ve come across so far offering any sort of anti-glare solution for the Retina MacBook Pro, and even offers films for iMacs and Cinema Displays/Thunderbolt Displays. We can’t imagine that installation is terribly easy, but the price is low; if you get it right, you might be very happy with the results. A word of warning: it’s been our experience—and ClearCal openly notes—that anti-glare films can cause a prismatic effect on screens of devices, especially ones with Retina displays. Keep this in mind before making the investment.
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?