Colibri Games The Tiny Bang Story
The price is almost worth it for the graphics alone, but Colibri Games’ The Tiny Bang Story ($10) has plenty of other things going for it on top of its good looks. Like Myst and Machinarium, this point-and-click puzzler is conceptually simple—find objects hidden throughout the world and complete puzzles to advance—but it’s a bit more challenging than it sounds.
Each new task requires locating hidden items; sometimes just one, but usually at least a few of them. In addition, there are logic puzzles scattered throughout. The art is highly detailed and looks to have been hand-painted, while the music is tranquil and relaxing—it’s almost impossible to get stressed out while playing, even given the difficulty of some of the puzzles. If and when you do get stuck, you can simply collect the bugs that are flying around to earn hints. The Tiny Bang Story is half-off in the Mac App Store right now, so pick it up before it goes up to its full price.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today