Cooler Master Clutch
It’s hard to feel anything but love for designers of beautiful and substantial-feeling accessories. Cooler Master had a rough start with its plasticy iPad/MacBook stand Arc, but its more recent metal creations have been gorgeous minimalist designs, fusing aluminum and rubber together with Apple-rivaling panache. Its latest stand Clutch (~$60) is another stunner, featuring two chromed sides and tight bevels that will look great when holding your MacBook Pro or Air upright, particularly when paired with a Thunderbolt Display.
Clutch is nearly as elegant of a stand as they come: a single piece of aluminum with a MacBook Pro-sized groove in the middle. Since the rubber insert within the groove is non-removable, and lacking for size adjustability, it’s better suited to pre-Retina 13”, 15”, and 17” machines but it can also fit that model and Airs. Matching rubber pads on the bottom keep it still and safe when placed on a desk, and you can choose whether to place it in a narrow or wide orientation—only the latter will show off the two chromed sides, which resemble the mirrored Apple logo on iMac computers.
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Apple Music roundup: iOS 8.4 to get early Tuesday release, Sonos support on the way
- Apple suppliers now making iPhones with Force Touch
- Parrot announces North American details for new Minidrone lineup
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- Olloclip Active Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?