Cooler Master L-Stand
Cooler Master has been at the top of its game lately with a collection of intriguing MacBook stands. Jas Pro looks and feels great when you’re actually using your machine; now L-Stand ($65) offers a stylish solution for a laptop that’s hooked up to an external display or just charging on your desk. Designed to fit any MacBook Air or Pro—even the discontinued 17-incher—this metal frame is just as artistic as it is functional. Updated September 18, 2012 with hands-on pictures!
Like all of Cooler Master’s best stuff, L-Stand relies heavily on metal, in this instance sandblasted aluminum. A holder juts out perpendicular to the base, and both pieces are lined with rubber to prevent scratching. It looks like it’ll be a great match for the Thunderbolt Display. We’ll have a unit in our hands soon, with additional pictures and thoughts to follow.
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?