DFWcomposites Carbon Fiber Sleeves
Carbon fiber is a fashionable and generally expensive material, more commonly used to accent objects than completely fabricate them. Yet DFWcomposites has gone all-in with its new line of Carbon Fiber Sleeves ($76-$79), which are made from sheets of carbon fiber and plastic. The company is currently offering pre-orders for 13” and 15” MacBook sleeves, in both Retina and regular thicknesses.
Regardless of which size you pick, the basic shape is the same. Each Carbon Fiber Sleeve is a box with the same general dimensions as your Mac, and one long end open. Inside, they’re lined with foam that adds some tension, keeping your computer in place while preventing it from coming into direct contact with the carbon fiber. Our only real concern with these cases is how they might impact your Mac’s Wi-Fi signal, and the impact that could have on OS X background services such as Power Nap. We’ll have to see what the story is when they debut in October.
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Apple terminates Crimean developer agreements due to U.S. sanctions
- Apple commemorates Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014