DFWcomposites Carbon Fiber Sleeves
Carbon fiber is a fashionable and generally expensive material, more commonly used to accent objects than completely fabricate them. Yet DFWcomposites has gone all-in with its new line of Carbon Fiber Sleeves ($76-$79), which are made from sheets of carbon fiber and plastic. The company is currently offering pre-orders for 13” and 15” MacBook sleeves, in both Retina and regular thicknesses.
Regardless of which size you pick, the basic shape is the same. Each Carbon Fiber Sleeve is a box with the same general dimensions as your Mac, and one long end open. Inside, they’re lined with foam that adds some tension, keeping your computer in place while preventing it from coming into direct contact with the carbon fiber. Our only real concern with these cases is how they might impact your Mac’s Wi-Fi signal, and the impact that could have on OS X background services such as Power Nap. We’ll have to see what the story is when they debut in October.
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?