DFWcomposites Carbon Fiber Sleeves
Carbon fiber is a fashionable and generally expensive material, more commonly used to accent objects than completely fabricate them. Yet DFWcomposites has gone all-in with its new line of Carbon Fiber Sleeves ($76-$79), which are made from sheets of carbon fiber and plastic. The company is currently offering pre-orders for 13” and 15” MacBook sleeves, in both Retina and regular thicknesses.
Regardless of which size you pick, the basic shape is the same. Each Carbon Fiber Sleeve is a box with the same general dimensions as your Mac, and one long end open. Inside, they’re lined with foam that adds some tension, keeping your computer in place while preventing it from coming into direct contact with the carbon fiber. Our only real concern with these cases is how they might impact your Mac’s Wi-Fi signal, and the impact that could have on OS X background services such as Power Nap. We’ll have to see what the story is when they debut in October.
- Apple: Celeb photo hack ‘very targeted attack’ on accounts
- Apple investigating “iCloud” celebrity photo hack
- Elgato debuts Eve home sensor product line
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Cambridge Audio Go v2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today