If you’ve ever had to do a clean install on your iPhone or iPad, then you might know the pain of losing data in apps that don’t store it in the cloud—saved games, documents, and the like. With DigiDNA’s DiskAid ($30), there’s some salvation. Plug your device into your Mac and the app will scan it, pulling in all the relevant information. Then you can back it up on a per-app basis.
When might something like this come in handy? Say you need to make room on your iPhone, but don’t want to lose information from the apps you have to delete in doing so. Or, if there’s a bug requires you to start your system from scratch, you can bring back the apps you need one by one. DiskAid is also helpful for transferring your texts, voicemails, and voice memos back to your system, as well as doing full-device backups with a complete clone. It’s currently at version 6.7, including initial support for iOS 8.
- Amazon to ban sale of Apple TV
- Former Boeing CFO James Bell elected to Apple’s Board of Directors
- Apple releases iOS 9.1 beta 3 to developers
- Apple releases iOS 9.0.2
- Cook urges businesses, governments to address social problems
- A note on our iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus case reviews
- Apple pulls app that documented US drone strikes
- Apple Music, iTunes movies and iBooks made available in China
- Google Maps gets Apple Watch support
- Apple Pay coming to Canada by late October?
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Speck CandyShell Clear and CandyShell Inked Jonathan Adler for iPhone 6/6s
- BenQ treVolo Bluetooth Portable Electrostatic Speaker
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- TrackR bravo
- Apple iPad mini 4 Silicone Case + Smart Cover
- Apple iPad mini 4
- Fluance Fi50 Bluetooth speaker
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom 2
- Jaybird X2 Bluetooth Headphones
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?