Drobo Drobo Mini SSD
It’s not always easy to travel safely with self-created media content. Downloading from the cloud can be time-consuming, and traveling with stacks of external hard drives only expedites an inevitable disk failure. Enter the Drobo Mini SSD ($1,199-$2,999), an updated version of the Drobo Mini that can store up to 4TB in four drive bays. It has no moving parts, which is perfect for a traveling creative professional.
Featuring Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 connections, the Drobo Mini SSD also has an mSATA accelerator option, backup battery protection and—like all Drobos—allows for single- or dual-disk redundancy. Weighing under three pounds, it’s ideal for traveling with large quantities of data that may need to be dumped off quickly. A 1TB version sells for $1,119, with a 2TB version at $1,799, and a 4TB version at $2,999. If you prefer to load it up with your own drives, $449 will get you an empty, ready-to-go chassis.
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- Cook: ‘Religious freedom’ laws allowing discrimination are dangerous
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?