Drobo Drobo Mini SSD
It’s not always easy to travel safely with self-created media content. Downloading from the cloud can be time-consuming, and traveling with stacks of external hard drives only expedites an inevitable disk failure. Enter the Drobo Mini SSD ($1,199-$2,999), an updated version of the Drobo Mini that can store up to 4TB in four drive bays. It has no moving parts, which is perfect for a traveling creative professional.
Featuring Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 connections, the Drobo Mini SSD also has an mSATA accelerator option, backup battery protection and—like all Drobos—allows for single- or dual-disk redundancy. Weighing under three pounds, it’s ideal for traveling with large quantities of data that may need to be dumped off quickly. A 1TB version sells for $1,119, with a 2TB version at $1,799, and a 4TB version at $2,999. If you prefer to load it up with your own drives, $449 will get you an empty, ready-to-go chassis.
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Apple Music roundup: iOS 8.4 to get early Tuesday release, Sonos support on the way
- Apple suppliers now making iPhones with Force Touch
- Parrot announces North American details for new Minidrone lineup
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- Olloclip Active Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?