Droplr, LLC Droplr
Ever since the launch of the Mac App Store, our computers’ menu bars have been filling up with handy new icons. The most recent addition to the bunch is Droplr (Free) from Droplr, LLC. If you’re familiar with Linebreak’s CloudApp, then this one is going to look very familiar: it’s an incredibly easy way to share links, images, documents, and more.
As with other persistent helper applications for the Mac, Droplr nestles an icon at the top right of your screen so it’s accessible at all times. When you want to share a file with someone, simply drag it onto the icon and the app will automatically upload it to its servers. Droplr then provides a short link—automatically copied to your clipboard—that you can share with whomever you’d like. We like the ability to automatically upload screenshots using a custom keyboard shortcut, a feature that comes in handy quite often, and there are also plugins for a number of other apps. It’s all easy and it’s all free; you can’t go wrong.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?