Droplr, LLC Droplr
Ever since the launch of the Mac App Store, our computers’ menu bars have been filling up with handy new icons. The most recent addition to the bunch is Droplr (Free) from Droplr, LLC. If you’re familiar with Linebreak’s CloudApp, then this one is going to look very familiar: it’s an incredibly easy way to share links, images, documents, and more.
As with other persistent helper applications for the Mac, Droplr nestles an icon at the top right of your screen so it’s accessible at all times. When you want to share a file with someone, simply drag it onto the icon and the app will automatically upload it to its servers. Droplr then provides a short link—automatically copied to your clipboard—that you can share with whomever you’d like. We like the ability to automatically upload screenshots using a custom keyboard shortcut, a feature that comes in handy quite often, and there are also plugins for a number of other apps. It’s all easy and it’s all free; you can’t go wrong.
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014