Droplr, LLC Droplr
Ever since the launch of the Mac App Store, our computers’ menu bars have been filling up with handy new icons. The most recent addition to the bunch is Droplr (Free) from Droplr, LLC. If you’re familiar with Linebreak’s CloudApp, then this one is going to look very familiar: it’s an incredibly easy way to share links, images, documents, and more.
As with other persistent helper applications for the Mac, Droplr nestles an icon at the top right of your screen so it’s accessible at all times. When you want to share a file with someone, simply drag it onto the icon and the app will automatically upload it to its servers. Droplr then provides a short link—automatically copied to your clipboard—that you can share with whomever you’d like. We like the ability to automatically upload screenshots using a custom keyboard shortcut, a feature that comes in handy quite often, and there are also plugins for a number of other apps. It’s all easy and it’s all free; you can’t go wrong.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today