Along with updates to its universal iOS companion app, Edovia has bumped its popular virtual network computing program Screens ($30) to version 2.0. Previously well-regarded for its ease of use, the virtual desktop client adds new features and a fresh UI. If you need to access your computer—or a few of them—on the road and from all your devices, this is the app for you.
Screens takes advantage of all sorts of recent Apple innovations to make the VNC experience solid. It’s fully Lion-compatible, including support for fullscreen mode and Multi-Touch—the company claims it’s like your computer is right there. The app also syncs with iCloud so that you can access the same stored screen on any of your devices. Combine those features with a prettier interface, improved wake-on-LAN, bug fixes, and more, and this app sounds like a no-brainer. Screens 2.0 is available in the Mac App Store now.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?