Emiel Janson Dialogue
Apple’s OS X Messages application lets you communicate through text with iMessage users, without ever having to touch your iPhone. Developer Emiel Janson’s Dialogue ($7) offers similar functionality for phone calls. Using Bluetooth, it connects to any phone, and allows you to place and receive calls right through your Mac. On top of that, it lets you record phone calls, and save the audio files right to your machine. There are a few major caveats, however.
In the app description, Janson warns: “for good and stable audio quality, you need to use a headset.” This is definitely true, as trying to use the app with speakers results in a strong echo effect that really drags down the quality of calls. In most situations, you’d be better off just connecting a headset directly to your phone. However, the call recording works well if you plug a headset into your Mac, and may justify the purchase of Dialogue for some users. Just be sure you know the laws in your area; call recording might not be legal under some circumstances, depending on where you live.
- AT&T and Verizon tracking customer web activity
- iOS updates causing Mophie Juice Pack Air compatibility problems?
- FTC launches complaint against AT&T over unlimited data throttling policies
- Apple VP Joswiak testy at Code/Mobile event
- Cook discusses Apple Pay, Watch, iPod classic at WSJD Live
- Apple TV adds Hallmark’s Feeln and A&E’s FYI channels
- Fitbit announces Charge, Charge HR + Surge health and fitness trackers
- Apple looking to expand NFC use beyond Apple Pay
- Some U.S. retailers disabling Apple Pay in favor of other services?
- AT&T locks Apple SIM cards upon activation in iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- Trident Case Aegis, Cyclops, Kraken A.M.S. + Perseus for iPhone 6
- Incipio Stowaway Advance for iPhone 6 Plus
- Apple iPad Air 2 Smart Case
- Apple iPad mini 3
- Alpine Headphones
- Apple iPad Air 2
- Speck MightyShell for iPhone 6
- Misfit Flash Fitness + Sleep Monitor
- Just Mobile Xtand Go Z1
- PowerSkin Pop’n 2 for iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0