Emiel Janson Dialogue
Apple’s OS X Messages application lets you communicate through text with iMessage users, without ever having to touch your iPhone. Developer Emiel Janson’s Dialogue ($7) offers similar functionality for phone calls. Using Bluetooth, it connects to any phone, and allows you to place and receive calls right through your Mac. On top of that, it lets you record phone calls, and save the audio files right to your machine. There are a few major caveats, however.
In the app description, Janson warns: “for good and stable audio quality, you need to use a headset.” This is definitely true, as trying to use the app with speakers results in a strong echo effect that really drags down the quality of calls. In most situations, you’d be better off just connecting a headset directly to your phone. However, the call recording works well if you plug a headset into your Mac, and may justify the purchase of Dialogue for some users. Just be sure you know the laws in your area; call recording might not be legal under some circumstances, depending on where you live.
- Report: Apple still missing key music streaming deals in time for WWDC debut
- Apple TV adds Shomi, CraveTV channels in Canada
- Apple TV adds CBS Sports, USA Now channels
- GE’s intelligent LED lightbulbs will work with HomeKit
- Apple releases band design guidelines for Apple Watch
- New Apple TV remote to have touchpad
- Report: New 12.9” iPad will feature Force Touch, Bluetooth stylus, NFC
- Apple asking music labels to kill Spotify’s free streaming tier
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- Apple reportedly hires four more producers from BBC Radio 1
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?