Long-time iLounge + Mac readers know that we’re always looking for novel bags that are capable of holding both a MacBook and a DSLR with accessories. Designed as a unisex option by Epiphanie—a company with numerous female-focused bags—Austin ($156) uses a messenger-style enclosure to accomplish this, including one pocket capable of holding a 15” MacBook Pro, and a segmented compartment with enough space for multiple DSLR bodies and attachments. Even though it looks pretty traditional from the outside, Austin’s water-resistant synthetic leather and real brass accents give it a leg up on typical messenger bags, while the DSLR compartment’s dividers can be removed to convert it to whatever needs you may have.
Measuring 16” by 6.5” by 11”, Austin’s a relatively large laptop bag, carried with a padded shoulder strap that’s long enough to run across your body. A zippered pocket in the back opens on both the top and bottom so that you can drop the bag directly on top of a luggage handle for easier carrying during travel. Of course, there are extra pockets on the front for carrying smaller accessories, as well. Epiphanie sells Austin in black or gray versions.
- Amazon to ban sale of Apple TV
- Former Boeing CFO James Bell elected to Apple’s Board of Directors
- Apple releases iOS 9.1 beta 3 to developers
- Apple releases iOS 9.0.2
- Cook urges businesses, governments to address social problems
- A note on our iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus case reviews
- Apple pulls app that documented US drone strikes
- Apple Music, iTunes movies and iBooks made available in China
- Google Maps gets Apple Watch support
- Apple Pay coming to Canada by late October?
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Speck CandyShell Clear and CandyShell Inked Jonathan Adler for iPhone 6/6s
- BenQ treVolo Bluetooth Portable Electrostatic Speaker
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- TrackR bravo
- Apple iPad mini 4 Silicone Case + Smart Cover
- Apple iPad mini 4
- Fluance Fi50 Bluetooth speaker
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom 2
- Jaybird X2 Bluetooth Headphones
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?