Ergotron WorkFit-A + WorkFit-P Sit-Stand Workstations
Standing while you work surprisingly isn’t cheap. Just a few weeks after we featured Stir’s $4,000 Kinetic Desk, Ergotron has introduced significantly less expensive (but still costly) WorkFit Sit-Stand Workstations. WorkFit-A ($649) supports iMacs, including all 21.5” models and the current, slim, 27” model, while WorkFit-P ($329) is for MacBooks. Both designs feature the same aluminum construction and adjustability, allowing you to raise your Mac up when you’d rather stand than sit. Update: We’ve received WorkFit-P to check out; click through for our thoughts!
Both workstations attach to the back of your existing desk, each with a work surface to hold your computer. With the MacBook version, you simply place it on top, while the iMac model has a slot for the foot of the computer. Additionally, there’s a second panel for your keyboard and mouse. They lift between 18.8” and 20” off your desk when needed, giving you the ability to push your chair away and keep blood circulating while burning a few more calories.
When we opened WorkFit-P’s box and pulled out all the pieces, the whole thing seemed a little daunting. Ergotron’s instructions were clear, though, and installation was actually pretty easy. Clamp the base onto the desk, snap together and screw in a few pieces, and it’s all set up. We had to adjust the tension a little bit to get the platform to rest where we wanted it, but that’s expected, and the right tools are included. The stand easily moves up and down, and side to side, allowing for the exact right position. Its heavy metal construction is reassuring, and the large work surface can fit any MacBook plus accessories. While the price tag is still a little intimidating, everything about this workstation seems to be right, and justifies the cost.
- Apple announces ‘Spring Forward’ event for March 9
- Brikk unveils opulent Apple Watch line priced up to $75,000
- Apple Maps adds new third-party data providers
- Apple ordered to pay $532.9m in iTunes patent infringement case
- Apple reportedly streamlining Genius Bar experience
- Report: Apple acquires Camel Audio
- VISA ‘tokenization’ may speed Apple Pay EU deployment
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 2 to developers
- Toyota currently has ‘no plans’ to adopt CarPlay in the US
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iWalk Extreme Trio 10,000 Universal Battery
- NewerTech NuGuard KX for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Incipio Clarion and Faraday for iPad Air 2
- iWalk Rugged Power Case for iPhone 6
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?
- What can I actually share with Family Sharing in iOS 8?
- How do I find and remove only downloaded tracks with iTunes Match?