Ergotron WorkFit-A + WorkFit-P Sit-Stand Workstations
Standing while you work surprisingly isn’t cheap. Just a few weeks after we featured Stir’s $4,000 Kinetic Desk, Ergotron has introduced significantly less expensive (but still costly) WorkFit Sit-Stand Workstations. WorkFit-A ($649) supports iMacs, including all 21.5” models and the current, slim, 27” model, while WorkFit-P ($329) is for MacBooks. Both designs feature the same aluminum construction and adjustability, allowing you to raise your Mac up when you’d rather stand than sit. Update: We’ve received WorkFit-P to check out; click through for our thoughts!
Both workstations attach to the back of your existing desk, each with a work surface to hold your computer. With the MacBook version, you simply place it on top, while the iMac model has a slot for the foot of the computer. Additionally, there’s a second panel for your keyboard and mouse. They lift between 18.8” and 20” off your desk when needed, giving you the ability to push your chair away and keep blood circulating while burning a few more calories.
When we opened WorkFit-P’s box and pulled out all the pieces, the whole thing seemed a little daunting. Ergotron’s instructions were clear, though, and installation was actually pretty easy. Clamp the base onto the desk, snap together and screw in a few pieces, and it’s all set up. We had to adjust the tension a little bit to get the platform to rest where we wanted it, but that’s expected, and the right tools are included. The stand easily moves up and down, and side to side, allowing for the exact right position. Its heavy metal construction is reassuring, and the large work surface can fit any MacBook plus accessories. While the price tag is still a little intimidating, everything about this workstation seems to be right, and justifies the cost.
- Apple acquires security company LegbaCore
- Zagg to acquire Mophie for $100 million
- Report: iPhone 7 to include flush camera lens, drop rear antenna bands
- Report: iPhone 5se, iPad Air 3 set for March 15 unveil
- Alleged iPad Air 3 drawing shows Smart Connector, four speakers, camera flash
- iPad Air 3 case photos reveal Smart Connector support, four speakers
- Apple building team for secret virtual reality project
- Report: Apple aiming to unveil original, exclusive TV programming by September
- Wells Fargo, Bank of America ATMs to support Apple Pay?
- Report: Apple working on iPhone model with wireless charging
- VRS Design Dandy Layered Case for iPad Pro
- Just Mobile TENC for iPad Pro
- Native Union DOCK Lightning
- Native Union DOCK for Apple Watch
- Hitcase Pro+ Action Pack and Snap for iPhone 6/6s
- Urban Armor Gear Trooper for iPhone 6/6s
- NEBO CaseBrite for iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus
- Zagg Messenger Universal Keyboard
- Audio-Technica ATH-ANC40BT QuietPoint Wireless In-Ear Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Keys Mini
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!