Ergotron WorkFit-A + WorkFit-P Sit-Stand Workstations
Standing while you work surprisingly isn’t cheap. Just a few weeks after we featured Stir’s $4,000 Kinetic Desk, Ergotron has introduced significantly less expensive (but still costly) WorkFit Sit-Stand Workstations. WorkFit-A ($649) supports iMacs, including all 21.5” models and the current, slim, 27” model, while WorkFit-P ($329) is for MacBooks. Both designs feature the same aluminum construction and adjustability, allowing you to raise your Mac up when you’d rather stand than sit. Update: We’ve received WorkFit-P to check out; click through for our thoughts!
Both workstations attach to the back of your existing desk, each with a work surface to hold your computer. With the MacBook version, you simply place it on top, while the iMac model has a slot for the foot of the computer. Additionally, there’s a second panel for your keyboard and mouse. They lift between 18.8” and 20” off your desk when needed, giving you the ability to push your chair away and keep blood circulating while burning a few more calories.
When we opened WorkFit-P’s box and pulled out all the pieces, the whole thing seemed a little daunting. Ergotron’s instructions were clear, though, and installation was actually pretty easy. Clamp the base onto the desk, snap together and screw in a few pieces, and it’s all set up. We had to adjust the tension a little bit to get the platform to rest where we wanted it, but that’s expected, and the right tools are included. The stand easily moves up and down, and side to side, allowing for the exact right position. Its heavy metal construction is reassuring, and the large work surface can fit any MacBook plus accessories. While the price tag is still a little intimidating, everything about this workstation seems to be right, and justifies the cost.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?