Feral Interactive XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Edition
One day, we’ll hopefully live in a world where major games make their Mac debuts alongside their PC and console counterparts. Until then, we can be thankful that big titles do pop up in the Mac App Store only a few months later. The most recent such release is Feral Interactive’s port of XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Elite Edition ($50). Winner of multiple game of the year awards from 2012, the turn-based tactical role-playing strategy game will likely be welcome on many Macs, even with its huge 13.47GB footprint.
XCOM is a remake of 1994’s UFO: Enemy Unknown, and is set during an alien invasion on Earth. You’re tasked with fighting back against the aliens, while building out your base. As it often does with its ports, Feral Interactive includes all the extra content that has been released; in this case, you get the Slingshot and Elite Soldier Pack add-ons, plus the Second Wave update. The Elite Edition is available in the Mac App Store now.
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?