Firemint Real Racing 2
Many times, when a game is ported from iOS to the Mac or vice versa, the only difference in the experience is the screen you’re playing it on. Frankly, even if that were the case with Firemint’s new Mac App Store release of Real Racing 2 ($13), we’d be more than OK with it. We found the tablet version to be pretty impressive, especially when played on the iPad 2. Firemint took the same winning formula and added some new controls, so it looks like the developer has another success on its hands.
Just like the iOS version, Real Racing 2 is a gorgeous racing game with dozens of officially licensed cars. The levels are spread over 15 locales, with everything from speedways to city circuits. What’s really cool are the controls. You can use your mouse and keyboard, but you also have the option of steering with your iPhone or iPad. Both touch and tilt controls are supported, making for a more realistic experience.
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?