Firemint Real Racing 2
Many times, when a game is ported from iOS to the Mac or vice versa, the only difference in the experience is the screen you’re playing it on. Frankly, even if that were the case with Firemint’s new Mac App Store release of Real Racing 2 ($13), we’d be more than OK with it. We found the tablet version to be pretty impressive, especially when played on the iPad 2. Firemint took the same winning formula and added some new controls, so it looks like the developer has another success on its hands.
Just like the iOS version, Real Racing 2 is a gorgeous racing game with dozens of officially licensed cars. The levels are spread over 15 locales, with everything from speedways to city circuits. What’s really cool are the controls. You can use your mouse and keyboard, but you also have the option of steering with your iPhone or iPad. Both touch and tilt controls are supported, making for a more realistic experience.
- NFL Now channel comes to Apple TV
- New iPhone 6 schematic leak shows protruding camera lens
- Mercedes, Volvo delay CarPlay support until 2015
- iOS 8 beta suggests 1472x828 resolution, more icons for iPhone 6 Home Screen?
- Report: Apple releases iOS 8 beta 6 to testing partners
- Sprint announces Family Share Pack data plans
- Report: 5.5” iPhone 6 to use 2915 mAh battery
- Apple to debut reversible USB Lightning cable?
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Pako — Car Chase Simulator
- FLA cites Quanta for further Apple labor problems
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- Go Design TravelCard Charger
- OtterBox Agility Tablet System for iPad Air
- SwitchEasy B’Spoke for iPad Air
- Kero Products Nomad Cable Lightning
- Juno Labs Juno Power Junojumpr
- Zagg Rugged Folio for iPad Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today