Fishlabs Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD
It may be one of the more expensive Mac App Store games we’ve featured, but Fishlabs’ Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD ($20) is also one of the most gorgeous. As an upgraded port of the iOS title, the German developer took advantage of the more powerful Mac platform and really refined the experience. Don’t worry: you still get to blow plenty of stuff up in space, but now everything’s a lot prettier.
The game puts you in the spaceboots of Keith T. Maxwell as he pilots a ship through the galaxy. Aerial combat is a big part of the game, but there’s also a complex trading system and lots of mining to be done. All in all, you can expect over ten hours of gameplay. All of the graphics have been redone for the Mac, with the 3-D models now presented at up to four times the original iOS resolution, as Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD now plays at a full 1080p. Like a lot of the more intense games out there, this one needs a lot of Mac horsepower; make sure your system is up to snuff before dropping the money on it.
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Samsung creates exclusive team to build Apple screens
- Ikea reveals US prices for Wireless Charging Collection
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?