Calendars apps generally aren’t remarkably different from one another—fill in a bunch of different boxes, hit “Done,” and the event pops up on your calendar. With Fantastical ($15), Flexibits has used Apple’s iCal as the basis for something a whole lot more natural.
Fantastical hangs out on the right side of your menu bar and works with your iCal, Entourage, or Outlook calendar. Click on the icon and it’ll drop down a window with a few different fields, as well as a calendar and if you choose, a list of your upcoming events. What is awesome is how you add new listings. Simply start typing in the box at the top left in natural language. Fantastical pulls out the information and automatically populates the fields, with everything from location to time to invitees. Type “Breakfast with Mike” and Fantastical will pull out the title “Breakfast,” automatically choose 8:00 AM tomorrow, and even allow you to send any of the Mike’s in your Address Book an invite. Then just hit the return key and you’re done. Of course you can manually adjust any of the information. A free trial is available from Flexibits’ website, or you can purchase the full version from the Mac App Store. Do hurry, as the price will be going up on June 1.
- Upcoming kit will allow developers to build native Apple Watch apps
- Apple may debut new ‘Proactive’ assistant with iOS 9
- Google Search will soon surface content from iOS apps
- iOS bug allows peculiar string of characters in Messages to reboot iPhones
- iOS 9 Transit feature to launch in select cities
- Report: iOS 9 to feature Force Touch support, updated keyboard
- Microsoft confirms Cortana coming to iOS this year
- Apple creates Chief Design Officer role for Jony Ive
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Griffin WatchStand for Apple Watch
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?