Flipside Wallets Flipside 3X
In an ideal world, our iPhones would already have replaced our wallets for almost everything, holding credit, debit, and ID cards as data rather than plastic. But with Apple’s Touch ID sensors limited solely to iTunes Store purchases via the iPhone 5s, and Passbook making only slow progress towards holding tickets and passes, it looks like we’ll all be using physical wallets for some time to come. That’s why we sought out Flipside Wallets last year, falling in love with its hard plastic, spring-loaded, RFID-shielded model 2X. This month, the company released a new model called Flipside 3X ($40), and it’s quite literally the best modern wallet design we’ve been able to find—something we will always carry along with our MacBooks, and one that’s notably offered in colors to match the iPhone 5c.
3X changes from 2X’s smooth plastic body texture to a more scratch-resistant, grippy texture, updates the previously incredible spring-loaded locking system with additional support, and redesigns the cash compartment to accommodate even more cards—eight cards plus 10 bills, still with RFID shielding for two of the main card slots. A redesigned detachable clip on the outside now uses a rubber band to hold either 3-4 business cards or 10 bills, and 3X is still compatible with Kick, a $10 external attachment capable of holding 3 more cards more securely inside.
- Verizon sponsoring ad-free listening to all U.S. iTunes Radio users
- Microsoft, Yahoo hope to replace Google for Safari default search?
- T-Mobile required to fully disclose throttled data speeds
- Steve Jobs biopic picked up by Universal, Fassbender to star
- Handbrake updated to 0.10, adds new encoders + more
- Report: ‘Deep Organizational Issues’ at Apple affecting iCloud progress
- Apple announces Product(RED) Gift Cards for Black Friday
- Apple unveils Product(RED) apps for World AIDS Day 2014
- Apps of the Week: Sago Mini Road Trip, Football Manager Handheld 2015, Deliveries 6.0 + more
- Square plans to accept Apple Pay in 2015
- Verus Case Damda Slide for iPhone 6 Plus
- Heckler Design @Rest Stand for iPad (2014)
- Kerf Case Wood Cases for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio for iPhone 6 Plus
- ZeroChroma FluxStand-Compatible Car Vent Mount + Reflective Armband
- Griffin Slim Folio and Survivor All-Terrain for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Slide-Mount Combo Pack for iPad Folio-Slide Cases
- G-Project G-Go Outdoor Wireless Speaker (2014)
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Gaming Controller
- Belkin/Jarden Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Smart Coffeemaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0