Flipside Wallets Flipside 3X
In an ideal world, our iPhones would already have replaced our wallets for almost everything, holding credit, debit, and ID cards as data rather than plastic. But with Apple’s Touch ID sensors limited solely to iTunes Store purchases via the iPhone 5s, and Passbook making only slow progress towards holding tickets and passes, it looks like we’ll all be using physical wallets for some time to come. That’s why we sought out Flipside Wallets last year, falling in love with its hard plastic, spring-loaded, RFID-shielded model 2X. This month, the company released a new model called Flipside 3X ($40), and it’s quite literally the best modern wallet design we’ve been able to find—something we will always carry along with our MacBooks, and one that’s notably offered in colors to match the iPhone 5c.
3X changes from 2X’s smooth plastic body texture to a more scratch-resistant, grippy texture, updates the previously incredible spring-loaded locking system with additional support, and redesigns the cash compartment to accommodate even more cards—eight cards plus 10 bills, still with RFID shielding for two of the main card slots. A redesigned detachable clip on the outside now uses a rubber band to hold either 3-4 business cards or 10 bills, and 3X is still compatible with Kick, a $10 external attachment capable of holding 3 more cards more securely inside.
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- Dr. Dre’s ‘The Chronic’ to make streaming debut on Apple Music
- Apple Music roundup: iOS 8.4 to get early Tuesday release, Sonos support on the way
- Apple suppliers now making iPhones with Force Touch
- Parrot announces North American details for new Minidrone lineup
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-PRO Bluetooth Speaker
- Olloclip Active Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?