Flying Meat Acorn - The Image Editor for Humans
Pretty much everyone uses Macs to store pictures, but very few people want to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on professional-grade editing software. That’s where Flying Meat’s Acorn - The Image Editor for Humans ($50) comes in. It’s a Photoshop-like tool, only less complicated and a heck of a lot cheaper. It allows you to work with layers, add text and shapes, use filters, and more.
All of your tools are contained in one place, the palette, which makes them easy to find and keeps your desktop uncluttered. From there, you can do pretty much anything you would with more advanced photo editors—or at least anything that a non-professional would want to. With this newest edition, Flying Meat has also added some Lion specific features: Acorn now supports full-screen mode, as well as Auto Save and Versions. The last two are turned off by default, but can be toggled on from the Preferences menu.
- Apple releases new iTunes 12 beta
- Alleged rear shell for 5.5” iPhone 6 leaked
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- NFL Now channel comes to Apple TV
- New iPhone 6 schematic leak shows protruding camera lens
- Mercedes, Volvo delay CarPlay support until 2015
- iOS 8 beta suggests 1472x828 resolution, more icons for iPhone 6 Home Screen?
- Report: Apple releases iOS 8 beta 6 to testing partners
- Sprint announces Family Share Pack data plans
- Report: 5.5” iPhone 6 to use 2915 mAh battery
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- Go Design TravelCard Charger
- OtterBox Agility Tablet System for iPad Air
- SwitchEasy B’Spoke for iPad Air
- Kero Products Nomad Cable Lightning
- Juno Labs Juno Power Junojumpr
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today