Flying Meat Acorn - The Image Editor for Humans
Pretty much everyone uses Macs to store pictures, but very few people want to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on professional-grade editing software. That’s where Flying Meat’s Acorn - The Image Editor for Humans ($50) comes in. It’s a Photoshop-like tool, only less complicated and a heck of a lot cheaper. It allows you to work with layers, add text and shapes, use filters, and more.
All of your tools are contained in one place, the palette, which makes them easy to find and keeps your desktop uncluttered. From there, you can do pretty much anything you would with more advanced photo editors—or at least anything that a non-professional would want to. With this newest edition, Flying Meat has also added some Lion specific features: Acorn now supports full-screen mode, as well as Auto Save and Versions. The last two are turned off by default, but can be toggled on from the Preferences menu.
- Apple wants networks to handle streaming for its web TV service
- Pandora CFO calls Apple a ‘frenemy,’ says service will be available in CarPlay
- Apple now accepting all Apple Watch app submissions
- Apple hires former Dolby executive
- ITC to investigate Apple over Ericsson complaints
- Apple Q2 earnings call coming April 27
- Alleged ‘iPad Pro’ photos show second Lightning port?
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?