Found Software Found
Found Software’s new Found (Free) app is the latest third-party Spotlight alternative for your file-searching needs. Like Apple’s search tool, Found scans your Mac for files matching whatever term you put in. The big difference here is that it adds support for cloud storage systems including Dropbox, Gmail, and Google Docs/Drive. Once you’ve logged in to your accounts, just start typing in Found’s search window and boom—your files pop right up.
Users have two different ways to pull up Found. Either click on the colorful icon in the menu bar, or simply double-tap the control key. Either way, the app slides in from the left side of your Mac’s screen, ready to go. All of the results are completely draggable, allowing you to bring them to the desktop or into an email quickly. The company is quick to point out that all logins and passwords are stored in the Keychain, and that no personal data is indexed. One word of warning: most Found reviews have been positive, but some users have expressed concern over the amount of RAM it uses, its GPU requirements, and how the app may download some files to index them—given that it’s free, you can decide for yourself whether these tradeoffs are worthwhile for its enhanced capabilities.
- Apple quietly pulls back on 2014 CarPlay availability
- iPhone 6 Plus users reporting bending iPhones
- FXNOW channel comes to Apple TV
- Apple airs two new iPhone 6 ads
- Apple to reportedly shutter Beats Music? (Update: No)
- Report: iOS 8 adoption rate estimated at 30%
- Apple Watch to come in 4GB, 8GB versions?
- Apple hits 10 million iPhone 6, 6 Plus sales in first weekend
- Video First Look: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus support 2.1A charging, ship with 1A adapters
- Belkin WeMo LED Lighting Starter Set
- Apple iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels