G-Technology G-Drive 3TB
Whenever readers ask us about our favorite hard drives, we always point to G-Technology’s G-Drives—Mac-matching aluminum bodies with workhorse-caliber Hitachi disks and reliable Oxford 934 chips inside. Now G-Tech has released a 3-Terabyte version of G-Drive ($350), the highest-capacity version yet. Like its same-named predecessors, G-Drive 3TB runs quiet thanks to a fan-free cooling system, and has ports on the back for USB, FireWire 800, and eSATA connections, plus a FireWire 400 adapter in the box. Yes, G-Drives are way more expensive than plastic-bodied competitors with lower-grade hard disks inside, but they’re the ones we pick for archiving our most important photos and videos. And they’re preferred by professional video editors, as well.
In addition to the legacy FireWire 400 adapter, G-Technology includes FireWire 800, USB, and eSATA cables in each package, along with a power supply, so the G-Drive is ready to be used straight out of the box. It’s Mac-formatted, too, and easy to stack on top of other G-Drives. We know from experience: we’ve bought 500GB, 750GB, 1TB and 2TB versions in the past, and continue to use them years later without problems. Here’s hoping for a Thunderbolt version with the same chassis design in the near future.
- Apple quietly pulls back on 2014 CarPlay availability
- iPhone 6 Plus users reporting bending iPhones
- FXNOW channel comes to Apple TV
- Apple airs two new iPhone 6 ads
- Apple to reportedly shutter Beats Music? (Update: No)
- Report: iOS 8 adoption rate estimated at 30%
- Apple Watch to come in 4GB, 8GB versions?
- Apple hits 10 million iPhone 6, 6 Plus sales in first weekend
- Video First Look: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus support 2.1A charging, ship with 1A adapters
- Belkin WeMo LED Lighting Starter Set
- Apple iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels