G-Technology G-Drive 3TB
Whenever readers ask us about our favorite hard drives, we always point to G-Technology’s G-Drives—Mac-matching aluminum bodies with workhorse-caliber Hitachi disks and reliable Oxford 934 chips inside. Now G-Tech has released a 3-Terabyte version of G-Drive ($350), the highest-capacity version yet. Like its same-named predecessors, G-Drive 3TB runs quiet thanks to a fan-free cooling system, and has ports on the back for USB, FireWire 800, and eSATA connections, plus a FireWire 400 adapter in the box. Yes, G-Drives are way more expensive than plastic-bodied competitors with lower-grade hard disks inside, but they’re the ones we pick for archiving our most important photos and videos. And they’re preferred by professional video editors, as well.
In addition to the legacy FireWire 400 adapter, G-Technology includes FireWire 800, USB, and eSATA cables in each package, along with a power supply, so the G-Drive is ready to be used straight out of the box. It’s Mac-formatted, too, and easy to stack on top of other G-Drives. We know from experience: we’ve bought 500GB, 750GB, 1TB and 2TB versions in the past, and continue to use them years later without problems. Here’s hoping for a Thunderbolt version with the same chassis design in the near future.
- Apple releases iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Apple sued over iWatch trademark it doesn’t own
- Apple progressing in TV service negotiations, aiming for fall debut
- Final major bank signs on as Apple Pay goes live in UK
- Apple releases iTunes 12.2.1 with iTunes Match, Apple Music fixes
- Big pharma firms looking to integrate ResearchKit
- M.I.A. project joins the ranks of Apple Music-exclusives
- Apple’s cut of streaming music rivals’ profits sparks antitrust inquiry
- New iPods coming July 14?
- Apple releases iOS 9 public beta
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?