G-Technology G-Speed Studio
G-Technology takes design inspirations from Apple’s professional Mac models. For the longest time, the company’s hard drives were encased in perforated metal, resembling the old Power Mac G5 and Mac Pro towers. Now, G-Speed Studio ($2,200-$3,600) has a shiny, black plastic shell, much like the current Mac Pro. The RAID drive comes in three capacities—12TB, 16TB, and 24TB—each filled with four drives. Built with two Thunderbolt 2 ports, G-Speed Studio is capable of speeds up to 700MB/s.
The “enterprise-class” 7200RPM drives are removable, with SATA III interfaces, and can be set up in your choice of RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10 depending on your needs. Thankfully, each of the expensive versions includes a Thunderbolt cable in the box, as well as a power cable, and a three-year warranty. For pro users requiring speed, capacity, and redundant data storage, these new storage solutions are worth considering.
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today