Gallotti & Radice Air Desks
In the right designer’s hands, glass and metal office furniture pairs spectacularly with Apple’s glass and metal Macs. The Air Desk series ($2100 and up) from Artisanal Italian design house Gallotti & Radice is a clear example - crystal clear, actually, thanks to transparent 12mm tempered glass panes that form the top and sides of the basic Air Desk, the extended Air Desk L, and the smaller matching Air Desk Console. You get to choose from an anodized aluminum, stainless steel, white embossed or black lacquered metal bar to hold the glass together; it can support the weight of current iMacs and all MacBooks.
Gallotti & Radice offers a few cool customization features, including a cable management hole for the Air Desk, L, and Console versions, as well as painted glass tops if you prefer a glossy opaque surface with transparent sides. There’s also a version called Air Desk Hall, designed to be used in an office as a receptionist’s table. That version adds an additional shelf and a barrier-style pane of glass between the receptionist and the visitor. Each Air Desk costs a pretty penny, but serious fans of minimalist, Mac-matching office gear will appreciate the clean lines.
- Apple TV adds CBS Sports, USA Now channels
- GE’s intelligent LED lightbulbs will work with HomeKit
- Apple releases band design guidelines for Apple Watch
- New Apple TV remote to have touchpad
- Report: New 12.9” iPad will feature Force Touch, Bluetooth stylus, NFC
- Apple asking music labels to kill Spotify’s free streaming tier
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- Apple reportedly hires four more producers from BBC Radio 1
- Limited Apple Watch supplies due to faulty taptic engine?
- Twitter CEO hints at larger Spotlight integration
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?