Gameloft Starfront: Collision
After years of labor to help Macs feel like viable gaming machines, the combination of awesome hardware and the Mac App Store is finally making it happen. Take Gameloft’s Starfront: Collision ($10)—a game that, yes, is incredibly similar to Blizzard’s Starcraft series of realtime strategy (RTS) games. But it’s half the price of the classic title on which it’s based, and we really liked the iOS version when it was released earlier in the year.
In this real-time strategy game you control three different races—one human and two different kinds of aliens—through 20 different missions as you battle your way across the planet Sinistral. The idea is to collect Xenodium crystals, a currency that lets you build buildings and units to command on various battlefields. Starfront: Collision looks really nice, and the level of balance makes it a very solid RTS. Make sure you check your graphics card before downloading it though; Radeon X1600 and Intel GMA 950 cards are not supported.
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015