Gameloft Starfront: Collision
After years of labor to help Macs feel like viable gaming machines, the combination of awesome hardware and the Mac App Store is finally making it happen. Take Gameloft’s Starfront: Collision ($10)—a game that, yes, is incredibly similar to Blizzard’s Starcraft series of realtime strategy (RTS) games. But it’s half the price of the classic title on which it’s based, and we really liked the iOS version when it was released earlier in the year.
In this real-time strategy game you control three different races—one human and two different kinds of aliens—through 20 different missions as you battle your way across the planet Sinistral. The idea is to collect Xenodium crystals, a currency that lets you build buildings and units to command on various battlefields. Starfront: Collision looks really nice, and the level of balance makes it a very solid RTS. Make sure you check your graphics card before downloading it though; Radeon X1600 and Intel GMA 950 cards are not supported.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today