Gameprom War Pinball HD
Pinball machines may have disappeared along with arcades, but they’re still awesome. And since it’s unlikely that you’ll have an actual machine in your house, Gameprom’s digital versions are as close to the shiny steel balls and flashing lights as you’re going to get. We liked the company’s standard Pinball HD for Mac, so it was cool to see the previously iOS-exclusive title War Pinball HD ($3) make the migration to the desktop, too. That’s right: Charlie Sheen and Chuck Norris are together in one pinball game.
Just as with the previous version, the physics are uber-realistic and the tables are rendered beautifully. The big difference is the theme of the tables: like so many of the best-known real-life pinball machines, the three tables here have movie tie-ins. Thanks to collaboration with MGM Studios, you can now play on Platoon, Navy Seals, and Missing in Action tables, each with music art, and sound effects inspired by the classic military-themed movies. It’s well worth the three-buck asking price.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?