With Hero3 ($199-$399), Go Pro has truly taken its action camera line to the next level. Coming in White, Silver, and Black editions, each shares the company’s latest, slimmest body and many of the same features, but different consumer, prosumer, and professional quality specs. Designed to record video and audio that can be edited on your Mac, all three include Wi-Fi, and work with an $80 remote that comes packed in with the top of the line Black professional Edition, as well as the GoPro iPhone app.
Between the three models, photo and video resolutions are the biggest differentiators. White supports up to 1080p video recording at 30 frames per second, with 5MP stills at a 3fps burst mode. Silver has the same maximum video resolution and frame rate, but an 11MP still image sensor at a 10 fps burst rate. Finally there’s Black, which records videos at 4K resolution at a not great 12fps—or 1080p at a more reasonable 60 fps—with a 12MP still image sensor that supports burst recording at 30 frames per second. The body is impressively tiny for what’s packed inside, and the big ol’ button on the front makes recording your stunts or adventures nice and easy.
- Analyst claims new iPad mini, gold Apple Watch colors coming this year
- iPod touch, nano, and shuffle color comparison photos
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- iFixit posts teardown of sixth-gen iPod touch
- Apple and GSMA in talks to adopt embedded SIM technology
- New iOS scam surfaces as crash warnings in Safari browser popups
- Initial benchmarks show new iPod touch running slightly slower than iPhone 6
- Apple unveils new iPod touch, new nano and shuffle colors
- Logitech debuts Logi BLOK cases for iPad Air 2
- Apple releases iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?