With Hero3 ($199-$399), Go Pro has truly taken its action camera line to the next level. Coming in White, Silver, and Black editions, each shares the company’s latest, slimmest body and many of the same features, but different consumer, prosumer, and professional quality specs. Designed to record video and audio that can be edited on your Mac, all three include Wi-Fi, and work with an $80 remote that comes packed in with the top of the line Black professional Edition, as well as the GoPro iPhone app.
Between the three models, photo and video resolutions are the biggest differentiators. White supports up to 1080p video recording at 30 frames per second, with 5MP stills at a 3fps burst mode. Silver has the same maximum video resolution and frame rate, but an 11MP still image sensor at a 10 fps burst rate. Finally there’s Black, which records videos at 4K resolution at a not great 12fps—or 1080p at a more reasonable 60 fps—with a 12MP still image sensor that supports burst recording at 30 frames per second. The body is impressively tiny for what’s packed inside, and the big ol’ button on the front makes recording your stunts or adventures nice and easy.
- Report: Apple still missing key music streaming deals in time for WWDC debut
- Apple TV adds Shomi, CraveTV channels in Canada
- Apple TV adds CBS Sports, USA Now channels
- GE’s intelligent LED lightbulbs will work with HomeKit
- Apple releases band design guidelines for Apple Watch
- New Apple TV remote to have touchpad
- Report: New 12.9” iPad will feature Force Touch, Bluetooth stylus, NFC
- Apple asking music labels to kill Spotify’s free streaming tier
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- Apple reportedly hires four more producers from BBC Radio 1
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?