With Hero3 ($199-$399), Go Pro has truly taken its action camera line to the next level. Coming in White, Silver, and Black editions, each shares the company’s latest, slimmest body and many of the same features, but different consumer, prosumer, and professional quality specs. Designed to record video and audio that can be edited on your Mac, all three include Wi-Fi, and work with an $80 remote that comes packed in with the top of the line Black professional Edition, as well as the GoPro iPhone app.
Between the three models, photo and video resolutions are the biggest differentiators. White supports up to 1080p video recording at 30 frames per second, with 5MP stills at a 3fps burst mode. Silver has the same maximum video resolution and frame rate, but an 11MP still image sensor at a 10 fps burst rate. Finally there’s Black, which records videos at 4K resolution at a not great 12fps—or 1080p at a more reasonable 60 fps—with a 12MP still image sensor that supports burst recording at 30 frames per second. The body is impressively tiny for what’s packed inside, and the big ol’ button on the front makes recording your stunts or adventures nice and easy.
- Report: iPad Pro to be official name of large iPad, more details revealed
- Mozilla begins rollout of Firefox for iOS preview
- Google releases Google Street View app for iOS
- Apple admits Apple Music still needs work, says iTunes downloads remain strong
- Judge approves $415M settlement in anti-poaching lawsuit
- Report: Apple to debut ‘iPad Pro’ on Sept. 9
- iPhone 6S to use 7000 series aluminum from Apple Watch Sport
- CBS Sports to stream Super Bowl 50, select NFL games on Apple TV
- Report: New Apple TV gets A8 chip, but not 4K support
- Report: New Apple TV will feature universal search, cost $149
- Divoom AuraBox Bluetooth Speaker
- Belkin WeMo + OSRAM Lightify White Tunable Starter Set
- Logitech Logi BLOK cases for iPad mini + iPad Air 2
- IK Multimedia iKlip Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?