Gray Goo Labs Readomator for Instapaper
Developers know they’re headed in the right direction when Apple “borrows” or offers to buy their software—just ask Marco Arment, whose “save this web page for later reading” app Instapaper inspired Apple’s Reading List feature. But Instapaper is still a better tool, and Gray Goo Labs has built upon it with a smart tool to help you manage your ever-growing list of saved articles: now you can listen to them instead using Readomator for Instapaper ($4).
The app automatically turns your saved articles into spoken word podcasts, putting them into iTunes so that you can load them onto your favorite device. Like Instapaper itself, the implementation is super simple: just flip the “on” switch, and Readomator takes care of the rest. It requires that you have a paid Instapaper account, but for three bucks for three months, that’s not going to break the bank, and you’ll have a prayer of actually getting caught up on your huge list of unread articles.
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4 beta to developers
- Major hospital links HealthKit data to patient records
- Apple Pay adds Discover cards
- Apple enables iTunes donations for Nepal earthquake
- Apple’s third-generation Siri built on Mesos platform
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?