Griffin PowerMate Bluetooth
If you’ve been a Mac fan for years, you might remember Griffin’s original PowerMate. A simple silver dial, it was a neat USB accessory that let you scroll or change volume levels as you turned it. Now there’s a sequel: PowerMate Bluetooth ($60). Take one guess as to the big difference here.
That’s right, the cable has been cut; PowerMate Bluetooth now relies on Bluetooth 4.0 to hook up to your recent Mac running OS X 10.8 or later. The aluminum dial both spins and clicks, and can be programmed to work with any app. Some of the listed uses include shuttling through audio or video, scrolling, panning and zooming, resizing, and more. You can have hook up multiple units, each with their own features. No battery life is listed, but with Bluetooth 4.0, the two included AAA batteries should last for a reasonably long time.
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?