Griffin PowerMate Bluetooth
If you’ve been a Mac fan for years, you might remember Griffin’s original PowerMate. A simple silver dial, it was a neat USB accessory that let you scroll or change volume levels as you turned it. Now there’s a sequel: PowerMate Bluetooth ($60). Take one guess as to the big difference here.
That’s right, the cable has been cut; PowerMate Bluetooth now relies on Bluetooth 4.0 to hook up to your recent Mac running OS X 10.8 or later. The aluminum dial both spins and clicks, and can be programmed to work with any app. Some of the listed uses include shuttling through audio or video, scrolling, panning and zooming, resizing, and more. You can have hook up multiple units, each with their own features. No battery life is listed, but with Bluetooth 4.0, the two included AAA batteries should last for a reasonably long time.
- Apple releases first Apple Watch Software Update
- Apple extends agreement with TomTom for Maps
- Apple releases iPhone Lightning Dock with iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus compatibility
- Apple, others urge Obama not to limit encryption
- WSJ: Apple dropped TV set plans ‘more than a year ago’
- Appeals court cuts award in Apple’s $930M win over Samsung
- Apple developing ‘Find my Watch’ for Apple Watch; new Apple TV larger in size?
- Apple acquires GPS firm Coherent Navigation
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple to drop iPhone 3G, 3GS support as of June 9th
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?