Griffin TechSafe Cable Lock System
You already know that unsavory people would love to steal your Mac. Most people lock their machines up by sticking something in the Kensington-style lock slot on the side. But there are other options, right? Of course! Griffin has a solution: the TechSafe Cable Lock System ($30), which works with any laptop, regardless of the holes on the sides. Updated with new pictures!
Instead of relying on a Kensington slot, this lock has a steel security blade that slips though the hinge of your laptop and stays in place whether it’s opened or closed. Griffin has designed it to avoid scratching up your Mac. A four-digit combination lock keeps the blade in place, and the five-foot locking cable gives you plenty of length to loop around the nearest bolted-down object. If you’re somewhere without a secure surface, there’s another new accessory from Griffin: the TechSafe Locking Security Clamp, another safe bet. One major bummer: the lock doesn’t work with MacBook Air, a computer that would definitely benefit from it.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014