Griffin TechSafe Cable Lock System
You already know that unsavory people would love to steal your Mac. Most people lock their machines up by sticking something in the Kensington-style lock slot on the side. But there are other options, right? Of course! Griffin has a solution: the TechSafe Cable Lock System ($30), which works with any laptop, regardless of the holes on the sides. Updated with new pictures!
Instead of relying on a Kensington slot, this lock has a steel security blade that slips though the hinge of your laptop and stays in place whether it’s opened or closed. Griffin has designed it to avoid scratching up your Mac. A four-digit combination lock keeps the blade in place, and the five-foot locking cable gives you plenty of length to loop around the nearest bolted-down object. If you’re somewhere without a secure surface, there’s another new accessory from Griffin: the TechSafe Locking Security Clamp, another safe bet. One major bummer: the lock doesn’t work with MacBook Air, a computer that would definitely benefit from it.
- Apple releases new iTunes 12 beta
- Alleged rear shell for 5.5” iPhone 6 leaked
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- NFL Now channel comes to Apple TV
- New iPhone 6 schematic leak shows protruding camera lens
- Mercedes, Volvo delay CarPlay support until 2015
- iOS 8 beta suggests 1472x828 resolution, more icons for iPhone 6 Home Screen?
- Report: Apple releases iOS 8 beta 6 to testing partners
- Sprint announces Family Share Pack data plans
- Report: 5.5” iPhone 6 to use 2915 mAh battery
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- Go Design TravelCard Charger
- OtterBox Agility Tablet System for iPad Air
- SwitchEasy B’Spoke for iPad Air
- Kero Products Nomad Cable Lightning
- Juno Labs Juno Power Junojumpr
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today