H-Squared Backlit Mini Mount
So you picked up your new Mac mini, but you’ve got to get it out of the way—maybe it’s part of your media center, or you just ran out of room on your desk. One of the coolest options to tuck it away and still show it off is the Backlit Mini Mount ($80) from H-Squared. It’s a really easy, really stable way to mount the tiny computer—and it glows.
Thanks to the easy-access port on the bottom of the Mac mini, installation is quite easy. Simply remove the round panel and switch it with the mount, which fits right in its place. A series of screw holes in the mount allows the computer to then be positioned anywhere, in any orientation—even upside down. This model has USB-powered LED backlights that give off a cool white glow, a nice extra touch for people who want to see a little more of the mini; it even incorporates a cable lock mechanism, something that is missing on the Mac mini itself. There’s also a simpler version for the second-generation Apple TV, and a Mac mini version without the backlight for $60.
- Amazon to ban sale of Apple TV
- Former Boeing CFO James Bell elected to Apple’s Board of Directors
- Apple releases iOS 9.1 beta 3 to developers
- Apple releases iOS 9.0.2
- Cook urges businesses, governments to address social problems
- A note on our iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus case reviews
- Apple pulls app that documented US drone strikes
- Apple Music, iTunes movies and iBooks made available in China
- Google Maps gets Apple Watch support
- Apple Pay coming to Canada by late October?
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Speck CandyShell Clear and CandyShell Inked Jonathan Adler for iPhone 6/6s
- BenQ treVolo Bluetooth Portable Electrostatic Speaker
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- TrackR bravo
- Apple iPad mini 4 Silicone Case + Smart Cover
- Apple iPad mini 4
- Fluance Fi50 Bluetooth speaker
- Ultimate Ears UE Boom 2
- Jaybird X2 Bluetooth Headphones
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?