Harman/Kardon Aura Wireless Home Speaker System
Harman/Kardon’s Soundsticks speakers have been around for years and years, virtually unchanged aesthetically. Now the company has taken the iconic design of the central component and expanded it to a new product. Aura ($400) is a new speaker system that looks a lot like the Soundsticks’ subwoofer, which was once known as iSub. This time, the transparent dome houses the entire speaker system, and offers pretty much every conceivable way to connect to your Apple devices. It’s a particularly interesting option to pair with Apple’s upcoming Mac Pro, as it’s similarly sized, and can operate wirelessly or with wires as you prefer.
Inside the speaker, there are six 1.5” transducers, plus a 4.5” subwoofer. Aura can connect over not only aux and optical cables, but also USB, Bluetooth, and even AirPlay. The black and clear speaker has controls on its body, and a capacitive slider to control the volume. If you’ve liked the Soundsticks’ look but wanted something with fewer pieces, this may be the speaker for you.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015