Harman Kardon GLA-55 Speakers
Despite their resemblance to the titular artifact from Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull, Harman Kardon’s luxurious GLA-55 Speakers ($1,000) have a greater chance of standing the test of time. Roughly 10.6 inches tall, these computer speakers are made from the same acrylic used to create bulletproof glass, and bring your Mac one step closer to Superman’s Fortress of Solitude. Touch sensitive controls for volume and muting are built into the front of the speakers, which connect using a standard 3.5mm audio cable to your computer.
Harman Kardon touts these speakers as “the first audiophile quality sound system for multimedia devices.” The 3” woofers provide the same amount of power as models nearly six times as large, and the 1” dome tweeters use ceramic and metallic materials for impressive high-frequency performance. Total wattage is 112 watts, and full shielding prevents video or cellular interference from wrecking your favorite movie audio tracks or songs.
- Apple releases first Apple Watch Software Update
- Apple extends agreement with TomTom for Maps
- Apple releases iPhone Lightning Dock with iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus compatibility
- Apple, others urge Obama not to limit encryption
- WSJ: Apple dropped TV set plans ‘more than a year ago’
- Appeals court cuts award in Apple’s $930M win over Samsung
- Apple developing ‘Find my Watch’ for Apple Watch; new Apple TV larger in size?
- Apple acquires GPS firm Coherent Navigation
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple to drop iPhone 3G, 3GS support as of June 9th
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?