Harman Kardon GLA-55 Speakers
Despite their resemblance to the titular artifact from Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull, Harman Kardon’s luxurious GLA-55 Speakers ($1,000) have a greater chance of standing the test of time. Roughly 10.6 inches tall, these computer speakers are made from the same acrylic used to create bulletproof glass, and bring your Mac one step closer to Superman’s Fortress of Solitude. Touch sensitive controls for volume and muting are built into the front of the speakers, which connect using a standard 3.5mm audio cable to your computer.
Harman Kardon touts these speakers as “the first audiophile quality sound system for multimedia devices.” The 3” woofers provide the same amount of power as models nearly six times as large, and the 1” dome tweeters use ceramic and metallic materials for impressive high-frequency performance. Total wattage is 112 watts, and full shielding prevents video or cellular interference from wrecking your favorite movie audio tracks or songs.
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?