Harman Kardon GLA-55 Speakers
Despite their resemblance to the titular artifact from Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull, Harman Kardon’s luxurious GLA-55 Speakers ($1,000) have a greater chance of standing the test of time. Roughly 10.6 inches tall, these computer speakers are made from the same acrylic used to create bulletproof glass, and bring your Mac one step closer to Superman’s Fortress of Solitude. Touch sensitive controls for volume and muting are built into the front of the speakers, which connect using a standard 3.5mm audio cable to your computer.
Harman Kardon touts these speakers as “the first audiophile quality sound system for multimedia devices.” The 3” woofers provide the same amount of power as models nearly six times as large, and the 1” dome tweeters use ceramic and metallic materials for impressive high-frequency performance. Total wattage is 112 watts, and full shielding prevents video or cellular interference from wrecking your favorite movie audio tracks or songs.
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, sign up now
- Japan Display vying to be Apple’s primary display supplier (Update: new plant confirmed)
- Apple comes to the Dow Jones Industrial Average, will replace AT&T
- Apple extends iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program
- Revamped Apple music service not coming until WWDC; new Apple TV later this year?
- Larger iPad production delayed until later this year, USB 3.0 ports to be added?
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit (Update: settlement approved)
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Gumdrop Cases Drop Tech Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?