Henge Docks Horizontal Docking Station
Henge Docks has been making MacBook Docking Stations for a few years, but up until now they’ve all been vertical units that stood your computer up and added passthroughs to the ports. At the 2013 International CES, the company decided to turn its flagship product on its side—literally. Coming in the second half of this year, Horizontal Docking Station ($249-$349) gives your MacBook Air or MacBook Pro with Retina display a home on your desk, complete with plenty of extra ports. It seems ideal for those who hook a laptop up to an external monitor at home or in the office.
The version for the 13” MacBook Pro with Retina display comes with two audio outputs, FireWire 800, six USB 3.0 ports, Ethernet, a Kensington lock slot, three video outputs, an SD card reader, and a power port; it’s unclear this point if the other models will have slightly different configurations. Those holding out for a Thunderbolt-equipped version will have to wait until the final quarter of the year. Everything should work, assuming Apple doesn’t change any of its MacBook designs too drastically before then.
- Apple expands iPhone trade-in program to non-Apple devices
- Alleged ‘iPhone 6c’ rear shell photos leaked
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- FDA taking ‘hands-off approach’ to regulating Apple Watch
- Apple Watch won’t be sold to walk-in customers at launch
- Cook: ‘Religious freedom’ laws allowing discrimination are dangerous
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?