Henge Docks Horizontal Docking Station
Henge Docks has been making MacBook Docking Stations for a few years, but up until now they’ve all been vertical units that stood your computer up and added passthroughs to the ports. At the 2013 International CES, the company decided to turn its flagship product on its side—literally. Coming in the second half of this year, Horizontal Docking Station ($249-$349) gives your MacBook Air or MacBook Pro with Retina display a home on your desk, complete with plenty of extra ports. It seems ideal for those who hook a laptop up to an external monitor at home or in the office.
The version for the 13” MacBook Pro with Retina display comes with two audio outputs, FireWire 800, six USB 3.0 ports, Ethernet, a Kensington lock slot, three video outputs, an SD card reader, and a power port; it’s unclear this point if the other models will have slightly different configurations. Those holding out for a Thunderbolt-equipped version will have to wait until the final quarter of the year. Everything should work, assuming Apple doesn’t change any of its MacBook designs too drastically before then.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today