Henge Docks Horizontal Docking Station
Henge Docks has been making MacBook Docking Stations for a few years, but up until now they’ve all been vertical units that stood your computer up and added passthroughs to the ports. At the 2013 International CES, the company decided to turn its flagship product on its side—literally. Coming in the second half of this year, Horizontal Docking Station ($249-$349) gives your MacBook Air or MacBook Pro with Retina display a home on your desk, complete with plenty of extra ports. It seems ideal for those who hook a laptop up to an external monitor at home or in the office.
The version for the 13” MacBook Pro with Retina display comes with two audio outputs, FireWire 800, six USB 3.0 ports, Ethernet, a Kensington lock slot, three video outputs, an SD card reader, and a power port; it’s unclear this point if the other models will have slightly different configurations. Those holding out for a Thunderbolt-equipped version will have to wait until the final quarter of the year. Everything should work, assuming Apple doesn’t change any of its MacBook designs too drastically before then.
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Apple Pay coming to Canada later this year?
- Report: Apple being uncooperative with antitrust monitor
- Leaked cases may hint at ‘iPad Pro’ design details
- L.A. school district seeking restitution over failed iPad program (Updated)
- Apple partners with The Conservation Fund to protect U.S. working forests
- In-store sales of Apple Watch delayed until at least June
- Apple adds WWDC scholarships to promote diversity
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?