Hex Recon Sonic + Source Backpacks
While Hex is probably best known to iLounge readers for its iPod nano watchbands and iPhone-ready wallets, the company’s lineup of Mac-ready backpacks is becoming more impressive all the time. Witness Recon Sonic ($100) and Recon Source ($60), two military surplus-style bags made from charcoal- or khaki-colored heavy canvas material with webbed straps and leather zipper pulls; Sonic is the larger version with an iPad-ready pocket up top, and Source is a little smaller with an iPad-sized pocket on the bottom front. Both look seriously handsome, and differ in the way they allocate their internal space.
Of the two bags, the bigger Recon Sonic is the version to choose if you have a 17” MacBook Pro that needs to be carried into battle—it has a compartment inside with enough room for Apple’s biggest laptop, as well as an organizer pocket for pens, business/ID cards, a wallet, and other goodies. The Recon Source is more of a catchall bag with one large compartment that doesn’t have dedicated spaces for computers and other items, but could easily be used to tote around a MacBook Pro or any Air as long as it’s inside an otherwise protective shell. Each bag is also offered in a blended wool version called “Varsity” rather than “Recon” at the same prices.
- Report: Apple acquires mobile imaging company LinX
- Apple releases ResearchKit to medical researchers
- Apple Pay timeline in China unknown after negotiations stall
- Apple releases iOS 8.4 beta to developers, with new Music app
- Apple announces WWDC for June 8-12
- Apple takes 15 percent of subscription fees for Apple TV signups
- Security change in iOS 8.3 limits some file manager and transfer apps
- Apple Watch Sport, 42mm case and black Sport band top pre-sale estimates
- Report: Apple Watch Sport comes with three band pieces, not two separate bands
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?