HighPoint Technologies RocketStor 5212 Dual-Bay Thunderbolt Storage Dock
You’ve got old internal hard drives, and them you’ve got your fancy Thunderbolt-equipped Mac. Just how do the two come together? Why, with HighPoint Technologies’ RocketStor 5212 Dual-Bay Thunderbolt Storage Dock ($200), that’s how. Although it doesn’t have the same premium metallic look we’ve seen from most Thunderbolt accessories, the relatively inexpensive dock seems to be a useful solution.
Each of the two slots can accept any internal drive you throw at them, whether they’re 2.5” or 3.5”, HDD or SD. Once they’re in, you get transfer speeds of up to 10Gb/s, limited primarily by the speed of the drives themselves. There are a few downsides though: no Thunderbolt cable is included, and there’s only one port, so you can’t daisy chain anything from this unit.
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?