HighPoint Technologies RocketStor 5212 Dual-Bay Thunderbolt Storage Dock
You’ve got old internal hard drives, and them you’ve got your fancy Thunderbolt-equipped Mac. Just how do the two come together? Why, with HighPoint Technologies’ RocketStor 5212 Dual-Bay Thunderbolt Storage Dock ($200), that’s how. Although it doesn’t have the same premium metallic look we’ve seen from most Thunderbolt accessories, the relatively inexpensive dock seems to be a useful solution.
Each of the two slots can accept any internal drive you throw at them, whether they’re 2.5” or 3.5”, HDD or SD. Once they’re in, you get transfer speeds of up to 10Gb/s, limited primarily by the speed of the drives themselves. There are a few downsides though: no Thunderbolt cable is included, and there’s only one port, so you can’t daisy chain anything from this unit.
- Report: iPhone 6S to get 12MP camera, 4K video recording?
- Report: New iPhone 6S LTE chip could ‘double’ download speeds
- Cue: New iOS 9 beta coming next week
- iTunes 12.2 release includes support for Apple Music
- Report: iPhone 6S to look ‘nearly identical’ to iPhone 6
- Appeals court: Apple conspired to fix e-book prices
- Apple Music makes subscriptions available through carriers, adds iCloud Music Library
- Apple Music makes much-anticipated debut with iOS 8.4 release
- Apple Q3 earnings call set for July 21
- Iovine: Human curation is key for Apple Music
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- IK Multimedia iKlip Grip
- Misfit Bolt Wirelessly Connected Smart Bulb
- Nomad Stand for Apple Watch
- MyCharge RazorUltra
- Ultimate Ears UE Roll Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?