HighPoint Technologies RocketStor 5212 Dual-Bay Thunderbolt Storage Dock
You’ve got old internal hard drives, and them you’ve got your fancy Thunderbolt-equipped Mac. Just how do the two come together? Why, with HighPoint Technologies’ RocketStor 5212 Dual-Bay Thunderbolt Storage Dock ($200), that’s how. Although it doesn’t have the same premium metallic look we’ve seen from most Thunderbolt accessories, the relatively inexpensive dock seems to be a useful solution.
Each of the two slots can accept any internal drive you throw at them, whether they’re 2.5” or 3.5”, HDD or SD. Once they’re in, you get transfer speeds of up to 10Gb/s, limited primarily by the speed of the drives themselves. There are a few downsides though: no Thunderbolt cable is included, and there’s only one port, so you can’t daisy chain anything from this unit.
- Initial benchmarks show new iPod touch running slightly slower than iPhone 6
- Apple unveils new iPod touch, new nano and shuffle colors
- Logitech debuts Logi BLOK cases for iPad Air 2
- Apple releases iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Apple sued over iWatch trademark it doesn’t own
- Apple progressing in TV service negotiations, aiming for fall debut
- Final major bank signs on as Apple Pay goes live in UK
- Apple releases iTunes 12.2.1 with iTunes Match, Apple Music fixes
- Big pharma firms looking to integrate ResearchKit
- M.I.A. project joins the ranks of Apple Music-exclusives
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Soundfreaq Sound Kick 2 Wireless Travel Speaker
- iHome SoundFlask iBT32 Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?