Hothead Games DeathSpank
The deliberately off-kilter title almost speaks for itself here: Hothead Games’ DeathSpank ($15) is a hilarious hack-and-slash RPG now available in the Mac App Store. You control the title character on his quest to find The Artifact, collecting weapons and items along the way. Play alone or enjoy a local cooperative mode if you have an additional controller. And you’ll probably want to share this experience with a friend.
If the humor seems familiar, that’s because Ron Gilbert worked on the project—a key developer behind the first two Monkey Islands, who also helped develop the Penny Arcade game. The animation is really cool, with 3-D characters overlaid on beautiful stylized backgrounds. You should get about 15 hours of gameplay out of this one, not counting the additional times you play through to catch the jokes you missed the first time around. One word of warning: make sure your Mac’s specs are up to snuff before you buy. The requirements are on the Mac App Store page, and you’ll want plenty of free disk space, a recent video card, and a relatively up-to-date CPU.
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today