Ian Page Mactracker 6.0
Now available in the App Store, Ian Page’s Mactracker 6.0 (Free) would be neat enough if it was just a compendium of different Mac computer models, but it’s more than that: there’s a chronological database starting with the 1983 Lisa and progressing through even the latest “early 2011” MacBook Pro models, plus every iPod, iPhone, iPad, and major Apple-branded Mac accessory. Each Mac entry includes details on the machine’s processor, dimensions, supported versions of the Mac OS, memory and expansion capabilities, plus a lot more—a great reference tool if you’re trying to figure out how your computers have evolved over the years.
Techies will appreciate the details Page has rounded up in Mactracker, including model numbers, order numbers, and initial prices for all of Apple’s products, sometimes alongside product codenames, and always with bits of historical information gleaned from Apple-history.com, TheAppleMuseum, or Wikipedia. Links to Apple’s official support pages are included, too. iPods, iPhones, and iPads are shown in most of their original colors, with details on iTunes compatibility and special feature additions. There’s a lot of handy information inside for a free app.
- Apple shelving iPhone Smart Connector idea?
- Apple Music Connect to take backseat in iOS 10?
- Apple, others seeking large expanse of land for autonomous car facility
- Apple Music launches $5-per-month student discount plan
- Apple partners with SAP for mobile enterprise solutions
- Apple adds Accessibility section to its online store
- LAPD hacked into iPhone 5s for murder investigation
- More details emerge on Apple Music overhaul
- iPhone tops Time’s list of most influential gadgets
- Kohl’s integrates rewards system with Apple Pay
- August Doorbell Cam
- August Smart Lock HomeKit enabled + Smart Keypad
- ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled smart Wi-Fi thermostat
- Zagg Now Cam
- Yantouch EyE Portable Wireless Speaker
- Netatmo Wind Gauge
- Incipio Stashback for iPhone 6/6s
- Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt with HomeKit support
- ClamCase ClamCase Pro for iPad mini 4
- Brydge BrydgeMini II Keyboard for iPad mini 4
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app
- Inside the betas: What’s new in iOS 9.3 and tvOS 9.2 (Updated)
- Life with HomeKit: Our experiences with Apple’s home automation system
- Under the Radar: 10 ‘hidden’ details about the new Apple TV
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)