id Software Rage: Campaign Edition
If there’s one thing that’s been missing from the Mac App Store, it’s a game that lets you fight against hoards of mutants in a post-apocolypic, not-too-distant future. Thankfully Aspyr Media has righted this wrong today by bringing id Software’s Rage: Campaign Edition ($40) to our favorite platform. Coming only four months after the release of the console versions—that’s not to shabby when it comes to Mac gaming—this title brings the full single-player campaign from the popular FPS with bonus equipment from the Anarchy Edition.
Rage runs on id’s OpenGL based id Tech 5 Engine; the game was actually first shown off as a tech demo during the 2007 WWDC. After an asteroid hits the earth, you’re forced to fight your way through a world full of bandit gangs and mutants with all sorts of fun weapons. Driving is a big part of the game too, with the ability to customize your buggy and compete in death races. Rage is pretty resource intensive, so make sure you check out the system requirements before dropping your hard earned cash on it.
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- YouTube app won’t work on older Apple TVs, versions of iOS starting in May
- Details of Apple Watch’s heart monitor, limitations released
- Apple releases its 2015 Environmental Responsibility Report
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?