id Software Rage: Campaign Edition
If there’s one thing that’s been missing from the Mac App Store, it’s a game that lets you fight against hoards of mutants in a post-apocolypic, not-too-distant future. Thankfully Aspyr Media has righted this wrong today by bringing id Software’s Rage: Campaign Edition ($40) to our favorite platform. Coming only four months after the release of the console versions—that’s not to shabby when it comes to Mac gaming—this title brings the full single-player campaign from the popular FPS with bonus equipment from the Anarchy Edition.
Rage runs on id’s OpenGL based id Tech 5 Engine; the game was actually first shown off as a tech demo during the 2007 WWDC. After an asteroid hits the earth, you’re forced to fight your way through a world full of bandit gangs and mutants with all sorts of fun weapons. Driving is a big part of the game too, with the ability to customize your buggy and compete in death races. Rage is pretty resource intensive, so make sure you check out the system requirements before dropping your hard earned cash on it.
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Video Review: Parrot’s Jumping Sumo and Rolling Spider
- Apps of the Week: Hyperlapse, BioShock, Asphalt 8 1.5 + more
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Report: Apple to unveil iWatch with new iPhones on September 9
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today