id Software Rage: Campaign Edition
If there’s one thing that’s been missing from the Mac App Store, it’s a game that lets you fight against hoards of mutants in a post-apocolypic, not-too-distant future. Thankfully Aspyr Media has righted this wrong today by bringing id Software’s Rage: Campaign Edition ($40) to our favorite platform. Coming only four months after the release of the console versions—that’s not to shabby when it comes to Mac gaming—this title brings the full single-player campaign from the popular FPS with bonus equipment from the Anarchy Edition.
Rage runs on id’s OpenGL based id Tech 5 Engine; the game was actually first shown off as a tech demo during the 2007 WWDC. After an asteroid hits the earth, you’re forced to fight your way through a world full of bandit gangs and mutants with all sorts of fun weapons. Driving is a big part of the game too, with the ability to customize your buggy and compete in death races. Rage is pretty resource intensive, so make sure you check out the system requirements before dropping your hard earned cash on it.
- Olloclip releases new Active Lens for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- Refurbished iPad Air 2 models hit Apple Store
- Apple releases first Apple Watch Software Update
- Apple extends agreement with TomTom for Maps
- Apple releases iPhone Lightning Dock with iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus compatibility
- Apple, others urge Obama not to limit encryption
- WSJ: Apple dropped TV set plans ‘more than a year ago’
- Appeals court cuts award in Apple’s $930M win over Samsung
- Apple developing ‘Find my Watch’ for Apple Watch; new Apple TV larger in size?
- Apple acquires GPS firm Coherent Navigation
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Mobee Technology Magic Case 6 for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?