Idea Shower Pocket
The gift and curse of the Internet is the ridiculous quantity of reading material it makes available—new information that keeps arriving even when you have no time to take it in. A handful of services including Apple’s own Reading List aim to solve this issue by time-shifting your stories, kind of like a DVR does for your TV shows. One of the more popular options is Idea Shower’s Pocket. Formerly known as Read It Later, the service came to iOS with a truly great app updated in April 2012, and is now available for free in the Mac App Store.
One of the great things about Pocket is it now works on pretty much any device an Apple user may have at hand. You can easily save stories from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac’s browser and pick them up whenever you have time. Pocket integrates with services such as Twitter and Flipboard, also allowing you to save videos and photos in addition to text. The Mac app has a nice clean interface, and allows you to switch back and forth between a text-optimized view and the actual site.
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015