Idea Shower Pocket
The gift and curse of the Internet is the ridiculous quantity of reading material it makes available—new information that keeps arriving even when you have no time to take it in. A handful of services including Apple’s own Reading List aim to solve this issue by time-shifting your stories, kind of like a DVR does for your TV shows. One of the more popular options is Idea Shower’s Pocket. Formerly known as Read It Later, the service came to iOS with a truly great app updated in April 2012, and is now available for free in the Mac App Store.
One of the great things about Pocket is it now works on pretty much any device an Apple user may have at hand. You can easily save stories from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac’s browser and pick them up whenever you have time. Pocket integrates with services such as Twitter and Flipboard, also allowing you to save videos and photos in addition to text. The Mac app has a nice clean interface, and allows you to switch back and forth between a text-optimized view and the actual site.
- Apps of the Week: Star Walk 2, Swing Copters, Vine 2.5 + more
- Apple releases new iTunes 12 beta
- Alleged rear shell for 5.5” iPhone 6 leaked
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- NFL Now channel comes to Apple TV
- New iPhone 6 schematic leak shows protruding camera lens
- Mercedes, Volvo delay CarPlay support until 2015
- iOS 8 beta suggests 1472x828 resolution, more icons for iPhone 6 Home Screen?
- Report: Apple releases iOS 8 beta 6 to testing partners
- Sprint announces Family Share Pack data plans
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- Go Design TravelCard Charger
- OtterBox Agility Tablet System for iPad Air
- SwitchEasy B’Spoke for iPad Air
- Kero Products Nomad Cable Lightning
- Juno Labs Juno Power Junojumpr
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today