iDevelop Co. Lock Screen 2
Even though iOS users have been using it for four years, the “Slide to Unlock” gesture is still pretty cool. Most likely because they don’t have touch screens, Apple hasn’t yet brought the gesture to Macs, even with the addition of Multi-Touch trackpads to the whole family. Luckily, Mac App Store developer iDevelop Co. has come up with an app called Lock Screen 2 ($2/$5). In addition to adding a sliding lock mechanism to your Mac, it lets you choose a customized lock screen graphic, sound effects, and more, creating a layer of passive or active screen security for your computer.
The software gives you a few different ways to unlock your machine, above and beyond a standard password. You can slide left to right across your trackpad, or across any five keys in a row—left to right only—for the same effect. There’s also the option to use “passpattern,” a series of keystrokes that can be rapidly typed or slid across to unlock the screen. You can choose something straight—say, sliding through “QWERTY”—or zig-zag through the keyboard if you choose, so long as you’re quick at typing the phrase. Lock Screen 2 is on sale right now, and will be going up to its full price shortly.
- NFL Now channel comes to Apple TV
- New iPhone 6 schematic leak shows protruding camera lens
- Mercedes, Volvo delay CarPlay support until 2015
- iOS 8 beta suggests 1472x828 resolution, more icons for iPhone 6 Home Screen?
- Report: Apple releases iOS 8 beta 6 to testing partners
- Sprint announces Family Share Pack data plans
- Report: 5.5” iPhone 6 to use 2915 mAh battery
- Apple to debut reversible USB Lightning cable?
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Pako — Car Chase Simulator
- FLA cites Quanta for further Apple labor problems
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- Go Design TravelCard Charger
- OtterBox Agility Tablet System for iPad Air
- SwitchEasy B’Spoke for iPad Air
- Kero Products Nomad Cable Lightning
- Juno Labs Juno Power Junojumpr
- Zagg Rugged Folio for iPad Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today